ubl-ssc message

Subject: AW: [ubl] [ubl-ssc] Agenda, 18 November 2004

Hi Anne,

I'm sorry I'm not available today in the evening.

Here are my comments to some items that were a problem: (see DK:)

--------------------------
UBL-UnspecializedDatatypes
--------------------------

  5. CCTS 2.01 doesn't specify how to generate Dictionary Entry Names
     for Supplementary Components of Secondary Representation Terms.

     UBL has implemented the Supplementary Components for both
     Primary and Secondary Representation Terms as components
     of Unspecialized Datatypes following the same naming rules
     as for CCTs (and CCs and BIEs).  That is the ISO 11179
     ObjectClass+PropertyTerm+RepTerm and seems a logical approach.
     UBL models Secondary Representation Terms (Graphic, Video,
     Date, Time, etc.) as being of the same Object Class as their
     respective Primary Representation Term, but with the Object
     Class qualified by their respective Secondary RT name.
     Example: Graphic type is of object class 'binary object'
     with an object class qualifier of 'graphic'.

     EF handles unspecialized DTs as unqualified DTs and so
     doesn't expect an object class 'qualifier' for these DTs.
     In EF, unqualified DT components should not have an Object
     Class Qualifier, and EF has no way to store qualifiers of
     'unqualified' DTs.  So that information is not being used
     in the schemas.

     Because of this EF has problems creating the Dictionary Entry
     Names for Supplementary Components of unspecialized DTs that
     represent a Secondary Representation term because it doesn't
     use Primary RT rules for these.  So EF disregards the qualifier
     and uses the Secondary RT type name as the name, as it would
     for a Primary RT (Graphic SCs would be prefixed with 'Graphic').

     AIs:
     + EF alignment: David explain how the names for CCs and SCs
                     for secondary RTs are currently generated by EF.

DK: As I said on Wednesday GEFEG will implement the qualifier for secondary
representation terms and will be able to handle the names of Supplementaries
as Dictionary Entry Names.

------------------------
UBL-Reusable and MainDoc
------------------------

  1. Because CCTS 2.01 doesn't know a "Property Term Possessive Noun"
     and "Property Term Primary Noun" we are only able to store these
     entries as user notes.

DK: GEFEG will implement a special model type called "UBL CCTS" or so. This
model type will be able to handle "Property Term Possessive Noun" and
"Property Term Primary Noun".

  6. [ELN4] A UBL global element name based on a qualified
     ccts:BBIEProperty MUST be the same as the name of the
     corresponding xsd:complexType to which it is bound,
     with the qualifier prefixed and with the word "Type" removed.

     It could be that there are elements whose names consist of
     qualifier property term, property term, and representation
     terms that refer to a complex type with the name having
     only the property term and representation term.

     AIs:
     + 1.1: David check correctness of above statement of current situation.
     + 1.1: Check that SS/EF follow rule.

DK: EDIFIX definitely follows the rule.