ubl-ssc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-ssc] Schema comparison

Hi all

Many thanks indeed to David for completing this stage
in good time for the Thursday meeting.

As a first pass this looks very encouraging to me.

I've been very short of time at present (I hope for more
by Thursday) but I did manage to look at the DespatchAdvice,
at backwards instance compatibility, and found only a few issues -

1. Currency Code issues as David describes

2. Some issues with the UDT components which I don't yet
understand so I'll work on some more hopefully by Thursday

3. Again, as David identifies, the trailing space

The second issue is a bit peculiar and look into it some more later
but otherwise this looks like we have great progress being made
in EF by David et al. Many thanks :-) Excellent work!

I haven't looked into aspects of documentation/annotation as
this was not in my action item scope but it will of course be in
need of examination and may throw up some interesting matters :-)

I hope we have time to look too at Chee-Kai's issues on the subject
soon.

All the best

Steve

>>> "David Kruppke" <dill2@gefeg.com> 06/12/04 18:27:53 >>>
Hello SSC,

I did the comparison between the schemas exported from the old EDIFIX models
and the new ones imported from ss.

In the attachement you can find the following files:

1. xsd and xsdrt schemas from o l d EDIFIX models
(these files are not the originals from 2004-08-16. They were created after
we had completely recasted our UBL export.)

2. Changes to schemas from 2004-08-16.doc
(this file I sent already in October to Stephen. I think it should be known
to all SSC members. It describes the differences between the original
schemas from 2004-08-16 and the one in 1. .)

3. Used spreadsheets and used code list text files for importing

4. xsd and xsdrt schemas from new EDIFIX models imported from Excel

5. Report.doc
(this file lists the differences between 1. and 4. and the problems I
encountered during the import of the ss.)

I'm not be able to attend the TC meeting at Wednesday, but I can join the
SSC meeting on Thursday.

All the best,

David