ubl-ssc message

Subject: NDR implementation for CM and Minor Version UBL 1.1

Folks

Hi. In advance of the next meeting I'd just note that
I've had difficulty seeing how to implement NDR 1.0/1.1
with a minor version. The two key problems I've found
are (seem to me to be anyway):

1. how on earth do we extend an ABIE in the CAC and
    then use it in a document Schema where it is 1..n ??!
    (e.g how would we add a BBIE InspectionDate to
     the InvoiceLine and more to the point, how would
     we then add this extended InvoiceLine to Invoice?)

2.  we have locally declared Identifier
     elements and Code elements in the doc Schemas
     - this seems to prevent the doc Schemas being
     imported and restricted. The problem disappears
     if instead of element name="ID", say, we have a local
     element ref="ID" and then element name="ID" globally
     declared in the same doc Schema. That way we can
     then reference the ID (e.g. as ref="in:ID" where "in"
     is the prefix of the imported namespace). Would
     we need to break rules and some concept of backwards
     compatibility by creating these things in a different way
     in the new doc Schemas rather than importing the 1.0
     doc Schemas?

Sorry to bring this up but it makes me think something
has to give: especially if we are trying to reuse stuff at
as high a level as possible. I get the feeling we won't be able
to reuse any of the lower down types without making
 everything higher up in the tree redundant.

Any thoughts? Perhaps this could be looked at in the next
meeting.

All the best

Steve