ubl-ssc message

Subject: [ubl-ssc] AW: [ubl] Re: [ubl-ssc] Re minor version Schemadesign

I've just completed a further draft of this prototype (attached).

This time, in response to David's comment, I've redeclared in the
1.1 namespace, everything for Document Schema, CAC, CBC,
(as before) plus SDT, UDT, CCTS and CCT and also the Currency
Codelist (note below on this). I didn't do the same with the other codelists
- partly because I want to illustrate a point that I'm not sure we'd
necessarily wish to do so unless we want to change the codelist.
Perhaps we should reuse such Schemas were possible.

With the currency codelist I've imagined that there might be a change of the
version number of the codelist by now. This leads to the observation that

NOTE:
***
to make a new version supplementary component attribute fixed
when it was fixed for a different value in UBL 1.0 - would break backwards
compatibility in that instances for 1.0 would no longer validate in 1.1
if they had used this fixed (but optional) value (both the SDT and
Currency Codelist Schemas have to be changed)
***

***
Another point of note is that I was able to demonstrate that the graphics,
picture and video supplementary component attributes missing from 1.0
in error can now be added in 1.1 without breaking backwards compatibility
(a recommendation for the modeling team)
***

The enclosed instances test and prove backwards compatibility by including
every element and attribute from the previous version in an instance and
then validating it with changed namespaces only against the new version
Schemas.

Another note - I changed some of the layouts of Schemas to reflect the NDR
e.g. CCTS. I also added the GXS1 comment lines, etc. But these are all xsdrt
Schema prototypes without documentation - that would be asking too much
- a job for the generator :-)

All the best

Steve

>>> "David Kruppke" <kruppke@gefeg.com> 22/03/05 14:31:34 >>>
Hi SSC,

> A question: should the previous document Schema
> still be imported into the new document Schema
> module even if it isn't used there in XSD derivation?
> The side effect is that it then creates a second way by
> which an instance can reference the previous version
> Schemas (as seen in the example
> "Invoice1.0-with-1.1-prototype-11-sdg.xml").

1. I think it is not necessary to refer to the 1.0 schemas if all structures
are redefined in the 1.1 ones.

2. I don't know if you just forget it in your prototype but I think you
should rename all namespaces including the ones for code list, unspecialized
and specialized data types.

Best Regards,

David

xsd-derivation-1-1-prototype-12-sdg-draft-4.zip