ubl-ssc message

Subject: Proposal from China/F2F for enhanced structure

Greetings

I have it down that we should be meeting next
Thursday so I thought I'd propose that we
take a little time to consider the proposals
from China (following plenary discussions)
for how to enhance the spreadsheets'
modular structure to cater for expansion
and CC requirements.

I'm not sure how the timescale is envisiaged
for this. I'm also concerned to get feedback
on how things will be if we don't have a set
of instructions from NDR team until near the
end of June (as the schedules have been
indicating recently).

I wrote to the TC a response (sorry it was hurried
and poorly set out due to time constraints) to the
spreadsheets proposal which might help discussion.
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200505/msg00068.html

I've also prototyped another set of schemas
to see whether version 2.0 could easily use
the ATG2 datatype schemas and how future
minor releases might use polymorphism. This
isn't yet agreed in NDR but might have been
discussed in the Wed Atlantic call in time for
our meeting on Thursday.
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200505/msg00067.html

Would folk be able to attend Thursday?
It might be agood idea to aim to attend
the Wed TC call too as I hope there will
be further discussion of the 2.0 schema
requirements.

All the best

Steve