ubl-tsc message

Subject: RE: [ubl-tsc] Request for updated data model for CO

Hi TC,

Please find update COML data model in zip format.

Rgds
Jernkuan

From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:06 PM
To: Ng Chi Yuen [Cyng]
Cc: Jern Kuan, Leong; Grace Ng, Swee Lee (T&L); Pek Seah, Lim; Kama, Kamarudin Bin Tambi

see my comments in line...

Ng Chi Yuen [Cyng] wrote:
Hi Jern Kuan,

Would appreciate if you are able to send us the updated data model for
CO that we were working on during the F2F meeting in SG.

We would like to continue the modification of CO from that EA data model
file.

        Here is the .EAP file for the data model. Thanks for updating it
to what we discussed last time.

        Now, I also attach the Excel file for you all to comment.
And I have a number of questions:

(1) Is the property order correct (the white rows)? Also, I am doing a
    depth-first traversal when listing the ASBIE.

yes thats right, we try to keep the ABIEs (pink rows) in alphabetic order, just so they are easier to find.
(2) The "Contact" component seems to be quite common. Is it in the common
    package already? How about the "Country" component?

yes, dont worry at this stage about what is in common we can sort that our later.
(3) In "Document Reference", I am not sure about the property term of
    "GUID". What does "GU" stand for? It should be noted that for the
    property "URI", I rename its property term to become "Uniform Resource"
    so that the UBL name would become "UniformResourceID" to avoid
    repetition of the part "ID". Is this approach appropriate?

this is a special naming rule.  we give these a property term noun of "Identifier" and a property term qualifer of "Globally Unique" and it shortens this to GUID.

(4) I need your help to confirm the update of "link name to role name",
    "cardinality", and also the "definition".

not sure what you mean by "link name to role name" - it isn't familiar to me.  'cardinality' and 'defintions' can possibly be taken from the older COML models .

        I will go on to work on other types of documents right now.

one comment about the ASBIEs.  if you look at Signatory, Preparation, Issuer and Production Party  you will see they are qualified uses of Party. that is, the associated object class is Party.  so we dont create ABIEs for these - they are just types of Party.  the Endorser Party is different because it has additional properties - so it is a separate ABIE.
Regards,
CY

Ng Chi Yuen, CY.       cyng@cecid.hku.hk       http://www.cecid.hku.hk/
Technology Officer,
Centre for E-Commerce Infrastructure Development,
The University of Hong Kong

regards
tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
http://www.docengineering.com/

UBL-CertificateOfOrigin-2.0-20051020v0.3.zzz