ubl-tsc message

Subject: Comments on Forwarding Instruction spreadsheet

Please find below my comments on the FI document assembly as given in the latest spreadsheet.  If it helps i have also edited the spreadsheet (attached) with my proposals.

Row 2: Forwarding Instruction. Other Instruction. Text
The Property Term Qualifier is "Other" and the Property Term Primary Noun is "Instruction" - it is an Instruction qualified as being "other".  In fact maybe it is just "Instruction" - how can we have an "Other" when we don't have a normal Instruction?

Row 3: Forwarding Instruction. Customs Origin. Code
Isn't this "Country of Origin"?  If not what are some sample values?  If it is then it is an ASBIE to Country with a quallifier of 'origin' (like we do in Item)

Row 7: Forwarding Instruction. Shipping Order Number. Identifier
I know we call this a "number" - but it isn't.  We should do what we did for Order Number and drop the term Number.  So the Property Term Primary Noun is Identifier, the Property Term Possessive Noun is "Order" and the Property Term Qualifier is "Shipping".  It is the identifier of the order for the purpose of shipping.

Row 8: Forwarding Instruction. Consol Code. Identifier
I suspect this is the consolidator's ID (or Job number).   Firstly we cannot have abbreviations (cannot use consol if we mean consolidator).  Secondly is it a code?  Does it refer to another set of values that have the actual meaning?  If so then it would be Consolidator_ Identification. Code.  IF not, then it is just Consolidator_ Job Identifier.

Row 9: Forwarding Instruction. Total Unit. Quantity
The Property Term Qualifier is "Total" - it is a Unit that is qualified as being the total units.

Rows 10-14: Forwarding Instruction. Net_ Weight. Measure, etc..
Again, the Property Term Qualifier is "Net"(etc..) - it is a weight that is qualified as being the net weight.  (same applies for the other weights and measures)

Row 15: Forwarding Instruction. Declared Customs Value. Amount
The Property Term Qualifier is "Declared" and Property Term Possessive Noun is "Customs" and the Property Term Primary Noun is "Amount" - it is an amount for customs purposes that is actually declared.  NB the term "value" is redundant here as an amount is always a monetary value.

Row 16: Forwarding Instruction. Declared Carriage Value. Amount
Similar to row 15, the Property Term Qualifier is "Declared" and Property Term Possessive Noun is "Carriage" and the Property Term Primary Noun is "Amount" - it is an amount for carriage purposes that is actually declared.

Row 17,18 and 19: Forwarding Instruction. FOB Value. Amount (and for CIF and CFR)
We do this by making a 0..n association (ASBIE) with the Delivery Terms ABIE.  I suspect this also makes the ASBIE to Incoterms in row 29 and Terms and Conditions in row 30 redundant as well.

Row 25 (Booking) and 26 (Government Requirement) should appear on the high level class diagram but I cannot see them.  Where are these defined?

Row 34 (Package Quantity),35 (Container Quantity) and 36 (Qualified Value) also need to be explained

Row 38 (Insurance Arrangement) also needs a definition

Row 39 (Document Request) it may be that this is similar to Acknowledgement Response Code in the Order document.  That is, a set of codes that describes the different document types that may be used to trigger a shipment.  If not then i suspect it is just a qualifier in the Document Reference.

Ng Chi Yuen [Cyng] wrote:
Hi,

Please find update COML data model in zip format.

        Here are the latest updated transport model and the 3 spreadsheets
for DTTN documents.

Regards,
CY

Ng Chi Yuen, CY.       cyng@cecid.hku.hk       http://www.cecid.hku.hk/
Technology Officer,
Centre for E-Commerce Infrastructure Development,
The University of Hong Kong

regards
tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
http://www.docengineering.com/

UBL-ForwardingInstruction-2.0-20051105-tim.xls