OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl-tsc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [ubl-tsc] Minutes of Meeting - Thursday, 27 July 2006

Hi all,

Pls find below the MOM for yesterday’s concall.




1015 – 1200 SGT, Thursday, 27 July 2006





Kama              - UBL TSC Chair

Tim McGrath       - UBL TC Vice-Chair

Andrew Schoka     - UBL TSC member

Mike Onder        - US DOT


Item Discussed


1. Sample Process

- Andy commented that there may be a need to include Carrier in the sample process. Tim mentioned that what we’re trying to describe is representative of a typical business flow. He commented that perhaps even the Consignor may not be appropriate as previously there was a comment from our Japanese counterpart that even the Consignee could initiate the process.

- Tim updated that in the latest extended sample process, he had included the Transport Status and other documents like Certificate of Origin and Forwarding Instruction. However, he commented that for the Transport Status, it is not directly linked with the other documents.

- Regarding the population of the XML instance, Kama commented that the content of the XML instance for the documents have to be synchronized. TSC needs the XML instance for the Order from PSC. Tim mentioned that Sylvia made a similar comment that the content needs to be synchronized between PSC & TSC.

- Tim updated that there are currently three reference sample XML instances which we can use as a basis. This includes (1) UBL 1, (2) SBS & (3) Danish government samples. PSC will have to decide which one it wants to use. Tim updated that PSC would meet next Monday and make a decision.

-  Kama asked when the XML sample instances need to be ready. Tim mentioned that it would be needed after the Montreal meeting, i.e end August 2006

- Kama suggested that all TSC members review the extended sample process and feedback by the end of the week.


2. Presentation

- Andy suggested that we work with other TC members to develop the stylesheet

- Tim mentioned that this will be driven by the HISC. Ken Holman would be handling it. He noted that the XSLT would not form part of the UBL 2.0 deliverable. Tim also mentioned that the XSLT would be copyrighted by Ken Holman.

- Andy mentioned that the presentation could be based on UNLK, which Tim agreed that if there are UNLK for a particular document, then it would be good to use the UNLK presentation.


3. PRD2 Sanity3 package

- Tim updated that the latest draft has been approved by OASIS for the 2nd public review. He mentioned that the XML schemas are unlikely to be changed any further.

- He mentioned that any comments receive, if it doesn’t break the schema, it will be deferred to UBL 2.1

- Tim mentioned that the TC focus now should be on the supplementary package delivery since we have already completed the PRD2 Sanity3 package


4. Any other matter

- Tim updated that he’ll be passing thru Singapore in early September and suggested to meet Kama to discuss any UBL matter.


Action Item

- Kama to suggest suitable date/time to meet Tim in Singapore.

- PSC to provide the sample XML instance for the Order document.



Kamarudin Bin Tambi





DID: 65 – 6887 7516

Fax: 65 – 6778 5277


CrimsonLogic Pte Ltd

(Regn No: 198800784N)

formerly known as Singapore Network Services

31 Science Park Road, The Crimson, Singapore 117611

Main Tel: 65 - 6887 7888 

Main Fax: 65 - 6778 5277

Visit us at www.crimsonlogic.com

Makes better sense


This eMail and any attachments are intended solely for the named addressee(s) only. It contains confidential and/or privileged information which should not be copied or disclosed without the consent of the CrimsonLogic group.  If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this eMail in error, you must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it (or any part of its contents).  In such case, you should inform the CrimsonLogic group immediately by eMail or telephone +65 68877888 (reverse charges if necessary) and delete this eMail and any attachments from your system.


The integrity and security of Internet communications and in particular this eMail and any attachments cannot be guaranteed.  The CrimsonLogic group accepts no liability whatsoever in connection therewith.  You are strongly advised to carry out all necessary virus checks and that you open this eMail and any attachments at your own risk.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]