ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-tsc] Minutes of Meeting - Thursday, 7 December 2006

we can talk through this on today's call, but here are my first reactions...

Kama, Kamarudin Bin Tambi wrote:

Hi Tim,

Have gone thru the sample waybill xml instance. Just a couple of queries/clarification.

1. This is an air waybill

yes

2. Final delivery transport service is 'pier-to-pier'. Shouldn't it be like in the Excel file for the common library, which mentions 'pier-to-door'. Also is ‘pier’ correct, since we’re shipping the goods by air?

pier-to-pier is legitimate but as you say probably not for air freight.  the original document was sea freight but i changed it to airfreight  to support the status documents andy is working on.  however i did not really think it through well enough.  so i suggest we rethink the shipment stages.

3. Transport mode type refers to the mode of transport. The value of 3 as per un/ece rec 16 in section 3.4 is the classifier code for location, refers to the road terminal. Are we using the correct un/ece rec?

well spotted!  it was meant to say un/ece recommendation 19 (Modes of Transport).

4. Shipment stage has land and air, goods end at airport and not the final destination. Is this correct?.

yes, i wanted to show that the consignee was responsible for final delivery  but this may be too complex and lets make it simpler and ship door-to-door.

I’ll go thru it further and send more feedback, if any.

Rgds

Kama