ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-tsc] Re: Shipment and Consignment for Danish Requirement

Hello TSC,

I agree completely with the "One Shipment - Many Consignments" requirement.

Commonly a "Shipment" is required by an "Exporter" according an "Incoterm",
this reason the Exporter starts a specific "shipment" contract with a
"Customs Forwarder" and 1/more "transport" contract with 1/more transport
carriers.
The relationship between these actors can be different case by case but it
is normal that a complete shipment could need many consignment (transports
also intermodal).

The "Booking" identifier usually is strictly connected with a shipment
(expecially by air or sea) but again a very long shipment could make use
of different carriers.

From the Customs side (as found in the SAD/DAU customs declaration) there
should be the case goods will travel across many countries, with different
customs offices, different customs forwarders, different carriers.

Then of course there is the splitted consignment case due to many reasons:
- Availability of goods
- Same shipment, different goods, same buyer.... but different receivers
(g.e. The main office of a shipping "sea" company buyes some spare parts
and need those parts are splitted and delivered to different
vessels/ports)

The result is always the same, the need of many transport contract
controlled by the same exporter often for a whole shipment with a shipment
organization made by a customs forwarder or more.

Really complex,
if I wrong something please revert.

Hope these samples are a good info.

Best regards