ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-tsc] Re: Shipment and Consignment for Danish Requirement

Thanks again roberto, your input is adding weight to Flemming's
interpretation. The more we discuss this, the more I am persuaded that
the idea of "Consignment as Contractual information" is ambiguous.

Would it be more appropriate to think of...
Shipment as the commercial/trade level arrangements seen by the
Importer/Exporter (Customer/Supplier).
and make our definition: "An identifiable collection of one or more
goods items (available to be) transported from the original shipper, to
the ultimate recipient. Note: A shipment can be transported in different
consignments."

Consignment as the logistical/transport level arrangements as seen by
the Carriers, Forwarders, etc.
and make the definition: "A separately identifiable collection of goods
items (available to be) transported from one consignor to one consignee
via one or more modes of transport. Note: A consignment can composed of
more thn one shipment."

Any comments?

--
regards