ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-tsc] Re: Shipment and Consignment for Danish Requirement

Hello,
in both cases there is a different contract as stated before:

1) Exporter with Customs Forwarder to have a complete support for
documentation, customs, transport organization.
NOTE: This contract is just a service organization contract - the customs
forwarder has no responsabilities for the goods at all.
NOTE 2: Here the Incoterms are really important (FOB, EXW, C&F, ...)

2) The Customs Forwarder (or directly the Exporter) has one or more
transport contracts for the consignment of goods.
NOTE: here the Carrier has the responsability of the goods.

I think these are all the main differences between these contracts.

At the opposite I do not have now a sample about many Shipments against
one Consignment... I can just suppose it is something like I describe
below.

Perhaps the "groupage" could be positioned into this case... Groupage is
when different goods of different owners is collected for
logistic/shipment reasons into one Container.
Here different Exporters shipments are organized/handled by the same
Carrier (and Customs Forwarder).
But here, depending of the incoterm adopted/agreed there could be the need
of further consignment.
SAMPLE: We could say that under a sea transport a single consignment of a
groupage container of goods is performed with a FOB (free-on-board)
incoterm.
NOTE: With other incoterms where a door-2-door consignment is required
we'll have a many-2-many case (many shipment, many consignments) even if
we have a common sea transport.

I could ask better about this to a friend of mine which is Shipping Agent
and Customs Forwarder, also in the past he was dealing with Logistics too.

What I am going to understand is if we have really many different shipment
and transport contracts under a "groupage" case.

If you have further samples about this please let me know.

Ciao

Roberto Cisternino