ubl-tsc message

Subject: TSC Action Item FollowUp

Dear TSC members,

During our last telecon we ran out of time to discuss an action that we had been given from the TC. The action item from the TC is as follows:

UPDATE PACKAGE: JPLSC COMMENTS

   ACTION (12/18): AS to get answer from TSC regarding JPLSC

   comment 25.

JPLSC comment 25 to the 2.0 update package is as follows:

Category

Business Document or ABIE

BIE

Questions, Comments

Transportation

BillOfLading

Waybill

Shipment (ASBIE)

The definitions of Shipment (ASBIE) in BillOfLading and Waybill are differrent each other,

We think that these definitions should be same.

Definition (BillOfLading): Information about the separately identifiable collection of goods items (available to be) transported from one consignor to one consignee via one or more modes of transport.

Definition (Waybill): A separately identifiable collection of goods items (available to be) transported from one consignor to one consignee via one or more modes of transport.

I think it is appropriate that there be consistency across the various documents when the same ASBIEs are identified and their definitions used. With regard to the definition of Shipment, I believe that we have previously had an email exchange and a telecon discussion regarding an appropriate definition. Based upon a contribution by Tim McGrath and subsequent discussions, I propose that we adopt the definition we last discussed presented in a grammatically correct form.

          SHIPMENT

The arrangements necessary for an identifiable collection of one or more goods items to be transported between the original consignor and the ultimate consignee. This information represents what is required, that is a “logical” or contractual view. A shipment can be transported in different consignments (eg split for logistical purposes).

I propose that this be the resolution of the action item. If I don’t receive a response within 7 days, I will presume concurrence. Jon will then use this definition wherever the definition of shipment is used.

Regards,

Andy Schoka

Acting Chair TSC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.