ubl-tsc message

Subject: RE: TSC Action Item FollowUp

Dear Henk,
Thank you for your constructive input. I solicit any further comments from
this TSC list and any suggestions as to a way forward. As you saw in the
initial email we need to be consistent within the UBL data dictionary and a
broader transport community understanding is also important.
Regards,
Andy Schoka

-----Original Message-----
From: hvmaaren@cetima.nl [mailto:hvmaaren@cetima.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:09 AM
To: Andrew Schoka
Cc: ubl-tsc@lists.oasis-open.org; roberto@javest.com; dvankemmel@wanadoo.fr;
heikki.laaksamo@tieke.fi; fmh@progrator.dk; ihu@ds.dk; KVP@itst.dk;
Michael.Onder@dot.gov; ralph.ho@tradelink.com.hk; 'Connie Hing, Phaik See';
'Kama, KamarudinBin Tambi'; jon.bosak@sun.com; 'Tim McGrath'

Dear Andy,

Within UN/CEFACT (agreed by both transport and trade) the word shipment
refers
to the collection of goods items between the seller and the buyer under a
commercial contract, and the word consignment is used for the collection of
goods items between the consignor and the consignee under a transport
contract.

I recommend the UBL-TSC to follow the same mechanism for consistency
reasons.
A shipment certainly is not a set of arrangements.

Regards,

Henk van Maaren

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:24 AM