ubl-tsc message

Subject: RE: [ubl-tsc] Re: TSC Action Item FollowUp

Roberto,

Thanks again for your input (You did NOT say too much. On the contrary.) .

Actually,  I agree that the term “shipment” should be the same throughout all UBL documents.  Our discussion started when the JLSC noted a slight discrepancy in the wording for Shipment between what was in the B/L and what was in the waybill.  Indeed all documents referring to shipment should have shipment defined with the same wording. Our current challenge is to find the right words to define Shipment so as to reflect how UBL  makes use of the object or core component we call shipment.

In some ways I think we are still grappling with the distinctions that need to be made between Shipment and Consignment. I have searched the UNCEFACT core component libraries and cannot seem to find a Core Component called “Shipment” so I am a bit confused with Henk’s comment concerning the definitions of Shipment and Consignment. Can you help on this Henk?

Perhaps Tim could also share some of the rationale developed for defining both shipment and consignment.

Thanks

Andy