ubl-tsc message

Subject: TSC Telecon 9am EST Thurs 19 Feb2009

AGENDA FOR UBL Transport SubCommittee MEETING

14:00 UTC Thursday Feb  19 2009,

9:00am EST (Thursday morning) Wash, DC

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=02&day=19&year=2009&hour=14&min=0&sec=0

****** CON CALL NUMBER! ******

    Skype: +9900827043982678

    US/Canada toll-free: 1-888-350-0075

    International: 201-793-9022

    "Conference Room Number": 3982678 then #

       (applies only if calling one of the phone numbers)

Agenda Item 1. STANDING ITEMS/ITEMS OF INTEREST

There is a new web site for things UBL, see

http://ubl.xml.org

For a calendar of UBL and related events, see

http://ubl.xml.org/events

Agenda Item 2: Engaging Freightwise

Discussion of email from Jan Tore Pedersen (attached)

Agenda Item 3. ALIGNMENT WITH UNCEFACT CCL 08B

This is the primary focus for the meeting.

Continue work on alignment of UBL 2.0 Transport information items

A. GoodsItemBundle(Andy) (summary at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=30223

B. ShipmentBundle(Tim)

(Tim is working on this bundle)

C. ResidualBundle(Anne); especially see Ann Hendry email regarding questions arising.(email attached)

using UNCEFACT CCL 08B 14Oct 08 ICG

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=29790

Agenda Item 4 OTHER BUSINESS

Next Meeting? 26 February 2009, 7pm EST.

Andy Schoka

Acting Chair, OASIS UBL Transport SubCommittee

----------------

--- Begin Message ---
Dear Andy and Tim

As you might remember, the EU Commission funded project Freightwise is
looking into the issue of interoperability in transport, realising that
there is much to be improved in the sector. Freightwise have defined a set
of what we call information packages (messages) to be used in the exchange
between the key roles that we have defined in transport: Transport User,
Transport Service Provider, Transportation infrastructure Manager, and
Transport Regulator.

4 information packages are designed to be used between Transport User and
Transport service Provider. 2 are designed to be used between Transport
service provider and Transportation Infrastructure Manager. One of the
former will also be used for communication to Transport Regulator.

One decision taken in Freightwise is that we will not limit ourselves to
providing schemas and implementation guidelines. We have decided to
distribute software components that will ensure interoperability. The FWF
interface is a component that we envision to distribute "for free" also with
a web interface such that manual input and output can be facilitated.

We have decided that we will implement the FWF interface based on the UBL
core library components (it that is a meaningful term) and standard
definitions. To ensure that this is done as efficiently as possible we would
appreciate the possibilities to call upon you in order to be guided in the
right direction. Eyvind Madsen is the person in charge of the
implementation. Please do not be surprised if he gets in touch.

We would also like to re-enter the dialogue about the UBL future by
participating in the telephone conferences. Hans Westerheim is the person
who needs to be involved from our side in such a dialogue. We hope this is
possible. I would appreciate to be informed about the phone meeting
schedule.

Should you want more information about what we aim to do, please let me
know.

Sincerely

Jan Tore Pedersen

Dr.ing. Jan Tore Pedersen
Marlo a.s, Tryms vei 6, 1445 Heer, Norway, Phone: +47 64930735, Mobile: +47
95078065

Freightwise Interoperability components.ppt

--- End Message ---