ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-tsc] Groups - Mapping BIEs to CCL08B - Consignment/Shipment (UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0TransportAlignment_Tim_March18.xls) uploaded

1. it is because is started from the original UBL 2.0 spreadsheets (and
not the 2.0 Errata with the updated definition).  thanks for picking
this up.

2. i did base my mapping on the later definition and I can see your
point but i think CCL08B has taken a more generic approach to trade and
called these things Trade Transactions.  The information pertaining to
Shipment is one example of a Trade Transaction (and its associated Trade
Delivery and Trade Agreements).  It is a case of different views of the
same thing.  I am sure you appreciate the irony of this as we took the
term Shipment from UN/CEFACT in the first place and now it has been
dropped.  But if we now propose a Shipment ABIE then it would overlap
with information in the Trade structures.  It is similar to other
differences like Item and Product or how UBL uses Air Tranport and CCL
just has Transport Mode Code.  All we can do is a closest semantic map.
it may be that what I have is too far away but i suggest we wait until
we process all the mappings and determine a common approach for these
type of things.

3. I agree about Transport Event - but i confess to being confused about
whether this would then be an ABIE not an ACC.  It is an Event in the
context of transportation.  There is an consistency in CCL08B about how
they do this - sometimes the ASCC is 'qualified' with a property term
and sometimes it is left to the ABIE to do this.  So maybe we just
propose it  and see how TBG17 decide it should be done.

begin:vcard
fn:Tim McGrath
n:McGrath;Tim
org:Document Engineering Services Ltd.