ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-tsc] Re: [ubl] Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 7 August 2012

Hello,
I understand it is the same meaning,

http://grammarist.com/usage/transport-transportation/

... my only comment is that "transportation" seems to me only connected to
goods transportation, while "transport" is in some way confusing ICT
people because it is often used for information transport as well (e.g.
OSI transport layer).

Cheers,
Roberto

> If I recall the original idea we had was that 'transportation' meant the
> overall concept of transporting goods.  'Transport' was reserved for the
> verb  'to transport'. As in, "I transport goods using a transportation
> service".  But i agree this is a probably an unnecessary distinction if
> it causes too much confusion.
>
> So are we trying to settle on 'Transport' or 'Transportation'? Doesn't
> this proposal just swap the terms around?
>
> If we cannot easily rationalize to only one term then I suggest we leave
> them as they are.
>

> On 8/08/12 9:28 PM, Jon Bosak wrote:
>>    We seem to be AGREED that the following changes can be made:
>>
>>       COMMON LIBRARY
>>
>>          TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment
>>          TransportationSegmentType -> TransportSegmentType
>>          TransportServiceCode -> TransportationServiceCode
>>          TransportServiceCodeType -> TransportationServiceCodeType
>>
>        DOCUMENT MODELS
>>
>>          UBL-GoodsItemItinerary-2.1
>>
>>             TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment
>>
>>    The problem remaining centers around a number of terms containing the
>>    substring "TransportService"; this use collides with the adoption of
>>    "TransportationService" for what appears to be the same concept in
>>    UBL 2.0.  In particular, the following proposed changes would involve
>>    renaming a document type:
>>
>>       UBL-TransportServiceDescription-2.1 ->
>> UBL-TransportationServiceDescription-2.1
>>       TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference ->
>> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
>>       TransportServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference ->
>> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference
>>
>>    And these proposed changes would involve changes to the names of
>> parties:
>>
>>       COMMON LIBRARY
>>
>>          ResponsibleTransportServiceProviderParty ->
>> ResponsibleTransportationServiceProviderParty
>>          TransportServiceProviderParty ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderParty
>>          TransportServiceProviderRemarks ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderRemarks
>>          TransportServiceProviderRemarksType ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderRemarksType
>>          TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod
>>          TransportServiceProviderSpecialTerms ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderSpecialTerms
>>          TransportServiceProviderSpecialTermsType ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderSpecialTermsType
>>
>>       DOCUMENT MODELS
>>
>>          UBL-TransportExecutionPlan-2.1
>>
>>             TransportServiceProviderRemarks ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderRemarks
>>             TransportServiceProviderParty ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderParty
>>             TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference ->
>> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
>>             TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod
>>
>>          UBL-TransportExecutionPlanRequest-2.1
>>
>>            TransportServiceProviderParty ->
>> TransportationServiceProviderParty
>>            TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference ->
> [...]

* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*
* Document Engineering Services Ltd. - Alliance Member
* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)
* Italian UBL Advisor

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc