ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: SV: [ubl-psc] Question regarding measurements

Thanks, Peter.  I'd forgotten about the things outside of the spreadsheet!

Jon

Peter Borresen wrote:
Hi Jon

Measure is a core component type like Amount with the attributes UnitCode and UnitCodeListVersionID

Best regards

Peter
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org] På vegne af Jon Bosak
Sendt: 16. august 2012 21:44
Til: ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org; ubl-tsc@lists.oasis-open.org
Emne: [ubl-psc] Question regarding measurements

Hello PSC and TSC,

I've noticed that UBL contains a number of BBIEs for measures but no apparent way to specify a unit for each measure (instead of, e.g., an ABIE "Measure" containing both a value and a unit code).  I assume, therefore, that "Measure" in all of these is just a string containing both the value and the unit:

    Consignment. Gross_ Weight. Measure
    Consignment. Net_ Weight. Measure
    Consignment. Net Net_ Weight. Measure
    Consignment. Chargeable_ Weight. Measure
    Consignment. Gross_ Volume. Measure
    Consignment. Net_ Volume. Measure
    Consignment. Loading_ Length. Measure
    Dimension. Measure
    Dimension. Minimum_ Measure. Measure
    Dimension. Maximum_ Measure. Measure
    Environmental Emission. Value. Measure
    Exception Notification Line. Compared Value. Measure
    Exception Notification Line. Source Value. Measure
    Goods Item. Gross_ Weight. Measure
    Goods Item. Net_ Weight. Measure
    Goods Item. Net Net_ Weight. Measure
    Goods Item. Chargeable_ Weight. Measure
    Goods Item. Gross_ Volume. Measure
    Goods Item. Net_ Volume. Measure
    Hazardous Item. Net_ Weight. Measure
    Hazardous Item. Net_ Volume. Measure
    Item Location Quantity. Lead Time. Measure
    Location Coordinate. Altitude. Measure
    Period. Duration. Measure
    Shipment. Gross_ Weight. Measure
    Shipment. Net_ Weight. Measure
    Shipment. Net Net_ Weight. Measure
    Shipment. Gross_ Volume. Measure
    Shipment. Net_ Volume. Measure
    Status. Condition Value. Measure
    Tax Category. Base Unit Measure. Measure
    Tax Subtotal. Base Unit Measure. Measure
    Temperature. Measure
    Transport Equipment. Gross_ Weight. Measure
    Transport Equipment. Gross_ Volume. Measure
    Transport Equipment. Tare_ Weight. Measure

If that's the case, then I'd like to say so, either in the documentation or in the definitions.  Is my assumption the correct one?

Jon