ubl-tsc message

Subject: Transport vs. transportation revisited

Hello TSC,

I've reviewed the discussions we've had regarding transport
vs. transportation, and as far as I can tell, the list of apparently
required changes is the same as the one I sent you all on 30 July
(reproduced below for your convenience).

However.

It occurs to me that maybe we're not trying hard enough to come up with
a defensible reason for using both transit and transportation.  What if
we just say that we started using "transportation" in 2.0 but have since
concluded that "transit" is to be preferred and that we're now employing it
instead for all new names because it's shorter and more commonly used.
The world can straighten it out in 3.0.

Is that just too disorganized?  If we adopt this strategy, the only
changes are

   TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment
   TransportationSegmentType -> TransportSegmentType

in the Common Library and

   TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment

in UBL-GoodsItemItinerary-2.1.

Jon

COMMON LIBRARY CHANGES

   TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment
   TransportationSegmentType -> TransportSegmentType

   ResponsibleTransportServiceProviderParty -> ResponsibleTransportationServiceProviderParty
   TransportServiceCode -> TransportationServiceCode
   TransportServiceCodeType -> TransportationServiceCodeType
   TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
   TransportServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference
   TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty
   TransportServiceProviderRemarks -> TransportationServiceProviderRemarks
   TransportServiceProviderRemarksType -> TransportationServiceProviderRemarksType
   TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod -> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod
   TransportServiceProviderSpecialTerms -> TransportationServiceProviderSpecialTerms
   TransportServiceProviderSpecialTermsType -> TransportationServiceProviderSpecialTermsType

DOCUMENT MODEL CHANGES

   UBL-GoodsItemItinerary-2.1

      TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment

   UBL-TransportExecutionPlan-2.1.xsd

      TransportServiceProviderRemarks -> TransportationServiceProviderRemarks
      TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty
      TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
      TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod -> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod

   UBL-TransportExecutionPlanRequest-2.1.xsd

      TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty
      TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
      TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod -> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod

   UBL-TransportServiceDescription-2.1.xsd -> UBL-TransportationServiceDescription-2.1.xsd *** DOCUMENT NAME CHANGE ***

      TransportServiceDescription -> TransportationServiceDescription
      TransportServiceDescriptionType -> TransportationServiceDescriptionType
      TransportServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference
      TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty

   UBL-TransportServiceDescriptionRequest-2.1.xsd -> UBL-TransportationServiceDescriptionRequest-2.1.xsd *** DOCUMENT NAME CHANGE ***

      TransportServiceDescriptionRequest -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequest
      TransportServiceDescriptionRequestType -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestType
      TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty