ubl-ttsc message

Subject: Ignore TTSC chair ballot

It's been brought to my attention that there is a ballot out to
the TTSC to confirm Gunther's appointment as chair.

Chairs are not elected by the subcommittees; they are appointed by
the TC.  Gunther's appointment became effective 8 May 2003 as
indicated by my message of 2 May 2003 to the UBL TC titled
"ACTION: Change of TTSC chair, secretary."  Please ignore the
ballot.  If Kavi allows the ballot to be withdrawn, it should be.

In my opinion, the Kavi voting system should not be used until we
understand it better.  Formal votes are rare in any case, and the
Kavi system provides what appears to be a particularly clumsy way
to conduct them.

Jon