ubl-ttsc message

Subject: [Fwd: GEFEG UBL Reader]

 Hi,

Below is a pointer to the latest GEFEG reader from
Michael Dill which I believe supports the UBL Beta release.
Also attached is the original features list he sent (with
the old url, but the features list should still apply) and
a document comparing GEFEG with XML Spy, which may be of
interest to some.   As you see below, he welcomes feedback.
We should probably discuss this in one of the meetings,
perhaps next week, as I expect this week will be taken
up with the charter discussion and Chee-Kai has mentioned
he would try to dial in to answer the questions posed on
the current schema developement tool.

-A

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: UBL Reader
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:02:57 +0100
From: "dill" <dill@gefeg.com>
To: <anne.hendry@sun.com>

Anne,
please find enclosed the download for the UBL reader.
If you feel, it's OK, then I'd be glad to get any feedback.
I think, it helps really for the further UBL development.
For member of the TC the UBL Reader and Editor is free,
for the direct Standard work.

Thank you
Michael Dill

Dear All,

GEFEG has built a version of its EDIFIX schema and data model reader for
the
Universal Business Language (UBL). The GEFEG UBL Reader offers an easy
access to the UBL schemas and data models through its unique combination of
tree structures, easy navigation and clearly arranged background
information.
This UBL Reader containing both the UBL 1.0 Beta data models and schemas is
available as afree of charge download from the GEFEG.COM web-site.

The link for downloading the UBL Reader is:
http://www.gefeg.com/en/edifix/reader-ubl.htm
!!! Please do not forget to choose the 'UBL Reader' from the choice of
reader list box !!!

Choose to download the self-extracting .exe and then run this to unzip and
automatically install the reader software.

During installation you will be asked for licence information. Please copy
and paste the following details into the requested fields:

Name: UBL Reader - Free Of Charge
Licence: FX-271103-20003-1620
Key: H1K16-R1111-KN1BL-ZF

As UBL is UN/CEFACT Core Component compliant, the GEFEG UBL Reader offers
TWO Views of the data models! One set of UBL data models presents the
object
names as UN/CEFACT Core Component Directory Entry Names whilst the other
presents the UBL object names.

Both sets of data models as well as the set of schemas demonstrate the
inheritance of the Directory Entry Names and other documentation remarks.
This inbuilt inheritance avoids rekeying and thereby provides a redundancy
free environment.

If you have any interest in having a free GEFEG EDIFIX UBL Editor to assist
with the standardisation work of the OASIS UBL TC including spreadsheet
export and import of the models, automatic schema derivation from the
document models etc., then please send me an email.

Please have a look at the data models. I'd be glad if there were any
comments about them which could help to improve the data.

We hope that you enjoy these views of all the hard work of the past two
years.

Best Regards,
Michael Dill

Further Features of the UBL Reader
==========================
Provision of clear hierarchical tree structures, enriched with comments and
descriptions Availability of all information relating to an element
directly
in the tree at the element position Opening and closing of sub-trees Ms
explorer-like backward and forward navigation Viewing of a structure
diagram
for a message, or parts of a message Viewing of a collapsible and
expandable
UML class diagram of a data model, or parts of a model

Notes for EDIFIX users:
=======================
If you have already any version of EDIFIX installed on your computer, then,
please:

1. make sure that all EF sessions are closed during installation of the UBL
reader 2. choose a directory other than the normal EDIFIX directory to
store
the UBL reader program files (During installation EDIFIX will ask you where
you wish to store these program files) 3. choose a directory other than the
normal EDIFIX directory to store the UBL reader data files (During
installation EDIFIX will ask you where you wish to store these data files

UBL_Reader_EN.doc

SPY-versus-EDIFIX_EN.doc