ubl message

Subject: [ubl] New version of NDR code list recommendation

Version 08 of the code lists paper is now available:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/pos/p-maler-codelists-08.doc

This paper was distributed in substantially different form at the time
of the Barcelona F2F meeting.  Since then, we've done an about-face on
our recommendation.  Copious rationales for this change are given in
this version.

Our new recommendation in "one-sentence" form is: UBL should be prepared
to import schema modules (maintained by external organizations) that
define an XSD datatype for each code list, and these external datatypes
should ideally adhere to strict expectations about provision of the
metadata that will uniquely identify them (essentially the Code.Type
supplementary components).

More fleshed-out text corresponding to the recommendation will be
incorporated into our main NDR document before the F2F meeting in early
June.

If you have any comments, please send them to the ubl-comments list.
Thanks!

	Eve