ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] November F2F - hotel info

Title: November F2F - hotel info
I stayed on two occasions at the Stanford Park Hotel.  It's really nice, but expensive.  I was thinking maybe we could book a couple of the $725 per night "Stanford Suites" and all crash together.  That would be togetherness!  On second thought maybe not.  Seriously, just thought I'd throw it out there.  If you're spending Sheraton-class bucks then this is a nice alternative -- prices are just about identical.  Creekside Inn, on the other hand is about $60 cheaper than either Stanford Park or Sheraton.

When I stayed at Stanford Park they were offering a complimentary glass of wine each evening.  That was nice.  Also, the pool, spa and workout facility were nice and underutilized.  Downside was that they didn't have their cablemodems working yet.  I just called the hotel and they tell me that the cablemodems are now working.  I'd take that with a grain of salt though.

-Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: Probert, Sue [mailto:Sue.Probert@commerceone.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 10:46 AM
To: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ubl] November F2F - hotel info

For those planning to attend our next F2F in Menlo Park I can provide some accomodation suggestions so that we may, if we wish, coordinate our plans. It has certainly proved to be convenient and more friendly to try and stay in groups at the same establishments so I thought I'd circulate a couple of suggestions:

a) for a reasonably priced (completely non-smoking) hotel just South of Palo Alto. It is about 15 minutes drive to the meeting place and just 5 minutes from University Avenue in Palo Alto. It is also convenient for the Stanford Shopping Mall! It is similar to many other hotels along El Camino but struck me as one of the better ones during my recent stay there. There are no bars or lounge but there is an adjacent affiliated restaurant (haven't tried that but it looks good), a small deli and each room has a refrigerator.

Creekside Inn
Tranquil, creekside gardens and the comforts of home
3400 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Tel: 650-493-2411
Fax: 650-493-6787
Toll Free: 800-492-7335

b) The Palo Alto Sheraton is even nearer Palo Alto centre but whilst it offers pretty good traditional US **** facilities it doesn't have in-room fridges (perhaps you can tell I care about that) and is usually rather more expensive:

Sheraton Palo Alto
625 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301

Tel: 650-328-2800