ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Second August meeting tally

I'm forwarding this message from Scott McGrath of OASIS just to
put it where we can find it later.  I don't think this changes any
of the factors we've been considering, but it does provide more
detail.

Jon

From: "Scott McGrath" <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
To: <jon.bosak@sun.com>, <ubl@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>, <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>
Subject: RE: Second August meeting tally
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:04:09 -0500

Jon et al,

The easiest way to handle the cost sharing is for all willing
participants to email me their commitment to share the
expense-with their contact information.  Then, I will contract
with the hotel, accept the expenses from the hotel and give all an
invoice for their equal share.  You can then go to our on-line
credit card system, enter your invoice # and credit card info to
pay the invoice.

Each participants final expense won't be known until we get closer
and know what expenses I'll be incurring on your behalf, and how
many will share the expense.  I think it fair to give you as much
advanced warning, but we know the expense decisions are yours to
make.  I. E.  Do you need to pay for 0,1 or 2 projectors etc.  A
word of warning, based on experience...If at all possible, arrange
for someone outside the hotel to call into the conference room
phone and patch the call into the conference system (I can advise
how to do that).  Outbound calls from hotels-especially conference
room phones are extraordinarily expensive!

I hope this helps,

Scott McGrath
Director Member Services

scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org