ubl message

Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] A practical question on Core components storage, UBL, OAG, etc

> 1	Should we store both the UBL <Address> and OAG
> <PostalAddressBase> as aggregate core components - they are
> both context
> neutral re-usable components and so are candidates to become standard
> aggregate core components.  The problam is that they are different in
> both syntax and semantics.  Is it better accept duplication and make
> them both core components - or to pick one as our reference "address
> core components" and make the other an ABIE with a context of "legacy
> standard compatibility"?

You need to be very careful here.  Neither OAG nor UBL have defined core components.  They both have defined BIEs.  What you should do is store them both as BIEs and  try and ascertain what the underlying common core component supporting both would be.  Until such time as we get the BIEs of both into UN/CEFACT for harmonization and approval - which will include formal definition of UN/CEFACT CCs, your best approach is either develop what you think the underlying CCs should be, or else pick one for use as your preferred BIE and don't bother with the CCs.

.

Mark