ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Minutes of Nov 26, 2003 and agenda for Dec 3, 2003

Hello CLSC,

I have a little more information regarding the item below.

 - The responsible standards body is TC184/SC4.  Its focus is
   industrial and product data.  Here are two pointers:

      www.tc184-sc4.org
      www.tc184-sc4.org/About_TC184-SC4/About_SC4_Standards/

   The second one gives an overview of the SC4 work.

 - SC4 does not appear to have produced an XML framework for code
   lists upon which we can draw directly, but they have done a lot
   of thinking about vocabularies in areas such as materials
   handling and process control.  We should submit our code list
   catalogue to SC4 via the MoU/MG to see whether SC4 has content
   to contribute.

 - This appears to be a joint CLSC and LCSC item; for tracking
   purposes, I'm assigning it a coordination issue label of
   "2004-0109-01 Code list input from SC4."

Jon

Correspondents: Please be aware that I will be out of town on
vacation with my family all this week (5-11 January 2004).  I may
or may not be able to respond to mail while on vacation; response
times will be erratic at best.  From 13-18 January I will be out
of email range entirely but will catch up on all mail as quickly
as possible beginning 19 January.