ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Minutes of Nov 26, 2003 and agenda for Dec 3, 2003

At 2004-01-05 19:22 -0800, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>I have a little more information regarding the item below.

Thank you for this, Jon, I have put it on the agenda for today's meeting.

>  - The responsible standards body is TC184/SC4.  Its focus is
>    industrial and product data.  Here are two pointers:
>
>       www.tc184-sc4.org
>       www.tc184-sc4.org/About_TC184-SC4/About_SC4_Standards/
>
>    The second one gives an overview of the SC4 work.

Fine ......

>  - SC4 does not appear to have produced an XML framework for code
>    lists upon which we can draw directly, but they have done a lot
>    of thinking about vocabularies in areas such as materials
>    handling and process control.

I can believe it, but I cannot find evidence of their work in this
area.  I'm hoping that Stig is monitoring this list and can give us
direction on where to look or who to talk with to learn more of their
research into code lists.

You mentioned Howard Mason ... how can we (or should we?) get a hold of him?

>We should submit our code list
>    catalogue to SC4 via the MoU/MG to see whether SC4 has content
>    to contribute.

Where can we learn more about the formal relationship between UBL, SC4 and
MoU/MG?

>  - This appears to be a joint CLSC and LCSC item; for tracking
>    purposes, I'm assigning it a coordination issue label of
>    "2004-0109-01 Code list input from SC4."

Sounds appropriate.

Thanks again, Jon,

--
North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-02-09
Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc