ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Second run in producing draft7 schemas

it is a rule for stored BIEs (ie when they are in a registry).  this is not what UBL is - it is a library.  when someone builds a ebXML Registry and we store UBL components in it - then they can add this UID (it becomes the equivalent of a database key).  If we try and do this at the library level it is duplicative and meaningless.

Grimley Michael J NPRI wrote:
Michael,

2. Unique Identifier
Please be aware that the spreadsheets do not have a unique identifier as
requested by NDR [DOC4]:" The  xsd:annotationDocumentation element for every
Basic Business Information Entity repres definition there must be MUST
contain a structured set of annotations in the following patterns: §	Unique
Identifier (mandatory): The identifier that references a Basic Business
Information Entity instance in a unique and unambiguous way."
Solution proposal: Either Tim asks Mark to change the NDR or somebody has to
define all UIDs.

This is a CCTS requirement, so I don't think the rule will be changing.

CCTS v2.01:

[S44] Business Information Entities are a particular category of Registry Classes. As
such, all stored Business Information Entities shall include the following
Attributes:
	* Unique Identifier (mandatory): The identifier that references a Business
	  Information Entity instance in a unique and unambiguous way.

Thank You,
Mike Grimley