ubl message

Subject: final code list agreement and files

   Hi,

Here is my understanding of what we've agreed to for code lsits.

a) We are only providing enumerations for the following 13 UBL code types:

AcknowledgementResponseCode
AllowanceChargeReasonCode
ChannelCode
ChipCode
CountryIdentificationCode
CurrencyCode
DocumentStatusCode
LatitudeDirectionCode
LineStatusCode
LongitudeDirectionCode
OperatorCode
PaymentMeansTypeCode
SubstitutionStatusCode

b) Of the above, only 5 (five) of them should have values that
correspond exactly to external code lists, and so could be taken by
edifix from the actual external source:

AllowanceChargeReasonCode should come from UNCL 4465 D03A 'Adjustment
Reason Description Code'.
ChannelCode should come from UNCL 3155 D03A 'Communication Address Code
Qualifier'.
CountryIdentificationCode should come from ISO 3166-1 (English) 'Country
names and code elements'
CurrencyCode should come from ISO 4217 'Codes for the representation of
currency and funds'.
PaymentMeansTypeCode (change name to PaymentMeansCode in draft 9) should
come from UNCL 4461 D03A 'Payment Means Code'

c) Any code defined in UBL but not listed in (a) will default to
'placebo' (no values provided with UBL 1.0).

d) Attached is the zip file containing the content/name value files for
the 8 code lists for which UBL is supplying enumerations.  These are
updated based on yesterday's discussions:

AcknowledgementResponseCode
ChipCode
DocumentStatusCode
LatitudeDirectionCode
LineStatusCode
LongitudeDirectionCode
OperatorCode
SubstitutionStatusCode

Stephen or Sue, could you please do a quick review of the name values in
these 8 files (and check for typos, etc)?

Thanks,
Anne

UBL_CodeContent_and_CodeName.zip