ubl message

Subject: Re: code list paper

Congratulations to Marty and  others  for taking  this on  and not
waiting for  me to  forward  mail between groups.   Unfortunately,
we're still holding disconnected discussions on separate lists:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-clsc/200403/msg00021.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-clsc/200403/msg00023.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ttsc/200403/msg00009.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ttsc/200403/msg00010.html

I'm redirecting that discussion here so that we can all see what's
happening.  The latest move (last URL above) is a question from
Tim on the TTSC list asking Marty for examples.  Marty, please
post those examples here.

With regard to the question about the final draft, all the prose
pieces were supposed to be in by this coming Monday (29 March).
Obviously they are all a bit behind.  Please finish up as soon as
possible.

Jon

   From: Burnsmarty@aol.com
   Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:23:26 EST
   CC: mark.palmer@nist.gov, ubl-clsc@lists.oasis-open.org

   Jon,

   The CLSC is trying to finalize its document in coordination
   with the UBL 1.0 schemas. We have marked the "controversial"
   features of substitution groups and abstract types as future as
   requested. We have one small remaining task -- the
   incorporation of example schema fragments and instance files
   from the version 1.0 schemas to show how the code lists are
   used.

   However, we notice that the schemas are currently not using the
   agreed upon subset of the code list model but an alternate
   formulation of the remaining pieces into a single complex
   type. Since this must be a small thing to accomplish --
   separating the enumerated values from the supplementary
   components and assembling them into the complex type for use,
   as opposed to the single complex type implementation in the 9.1
   versions -- we would hope that the correct generation could be
   achieved. This will make these pieces re-useable in the version
   1.1 versions whithout having to redesign these pieces. Only the
   additional components would need to be added.

   We would like to get a copy of close to final schemas and
   instance files as soon as possible so we can splice in the
   actual examples to make our document complete to 1.0. We also
   would like to know by when we need to circulate this final
   draft.

   Thanks,
   Marty