ubl message

Subject: ebXML Asia Committee liason report

Dear TC,

I write to make a liason report on ebXML Asia Committee (eAC) and
related activities.

1. KIEC proposed to host the next eAC meeting on November 3-5 in Korea,
which clashes our San Francisco TC meeting. I have already raised this
concern to KIEC.
2. Tim McGrath and I will make presentations in OASIS Open Standards
Days Tokyo 2004 on June 16. Tim's presentation will focus specifically
on UBL. My presentation will be about open source and our use of ebXML
and UBL to develop ebMail and Elf.
3. We received an OASIS newsletter that talks about a follow-up event
for OASIS Open Standards Tokyo in Beijing on June 18 and another OASIS
seminar in Shanghai.

18 June, China-Japan International Joint Forum & OASIS Open Standards
Days 2004, Beijing, China. Patrick Gannon will keynote.
http://www.ea-eca.org/CJIJF/program.html#0616

21 June, OASIS Seminar on the Value of Open Standards for eBusiness and
Web Services, Shanghai, China. Patrick Gannon will speak at Fundan
University.

- Thomas