ubl message

Subject: Japanese translation spreadsheets and questions and recommendation

JPLSC made the following Japanese translation spreadsheets.
These translation spreadsheets are originally made by 5 members of JPLSC.
And these spreadsheet are reviewed in JPLSC. Then we did some improvement
about Japanese translation spreadsheets.
- Order
- OrderResponse
- OrderResponseSimple
- OrderChange
- OrderCancelleation
- DespatchAdvice
- ReceiptAdvice
- Reusable
If you have any questions or comments regarding these Japanese translation
spreadsheets, Please let us know.

The followings are questions and recommendations.

1. Usage of some ABIEs in Reusable (Question)
The following ABIEs in Reusable are not referred any other place in UBL
business documents or Reusable.
- LineReference
- ExchangeRate
What is the usage of these ABIEs?
Are these some mistaken or something?

2. Some questions and recommendation regarding Reusable
2.1 The meaning of PackQuantity and PackSizeNumeric in Item
We cannot understand the meaning of PackQuantity (BBIE) and PackSizeNumeric
(BBIE) in Item (ABIE).
We think that the number of ordering items are defined by Quantity (BBIE) in
LineItem (ABIE).
What kind of usage would be supposed regarding PackQuantity (BBIE) and
PackSizeNumeric (BBIE) in Item (ABIE)?
We studied both examples of Purchase order sheet
(JoineryOrder.Example-a4.pdf) and XML instance document
(UBL-Order-1.0-Joinery-Example.xml). In these examples, the number of
purchasing goods are defined by Quantity (BBIE) in LineItem (ABIE). There is
no information about the PackQuantity (BBIE) and PackSizeNumeric (BBIE) in
Item (ABIE) in these examples. Therefore, we cannot understand how to use
the PackQuantity (BBIE) and PackSizeNumeric (BBIE) in Item (ABIE).

2.2 The definition of BuyerParty
The definition of BuyerParty (ABIE) says 'details of an individual, a group
or a body having a role in a business function'.
There is no information about the role in a business function in this
definition.
We recommend to change the definition to 'details of an individual, a group
or a body having a buying role in a business function'.

2.3 The definition of SellerParty
The definition of SellerParty (ABIE) says 'details of an individual, a group
or a body having a role in a business function'.
There is no information about the role in a business function in this
definition.
We recommend to change the definition to 'details of an individual, a group
or a body having a selling role in a business function'.

3. Recommending next action
We made effort to understand very many ABIEs in Reusable.
We made efforts to understand where these ABIEs are referred from (e.g. from
Reusable or from specific 8 UBL business documents).
We recommend that we had better insert a column in the spreadsheet that
explain where the ABIE is referred from.  This information will help for
users to understand the structure of UBL Reusable and the usage of ABIEs.

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
Yukinori Saito
Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513

UBL-BD1-Order-1.0-Japanese.xls

UBL-BD2-OrderResponse-1.0-Japanese.xls

UBL-BD3-OrderResponseSimple-1.0-Japanese.xls

UBL-BD4-OrderChange-1.0-Japanese.xls

UBL-BD5-OrderCancellation-1.0-Japanese.xls

UBL-BD6-DespatchAdvice-1.0-Japanese.xls

UBL-BD7-ReceiptAdvice-1.0-Japanese.xls

UBL-BD9-Reusable-1.0-Japanese.xls