ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Using CCs correctly (was Re: [ubl] Review of Two Diffs (Michael/Sue's and Stephen's))

Ok, here is my 2-cent opinion:

Mark is correct in pointing out the issues with the current UBL Library in relation to applying CCTS and the missing CC´s.

Tim is correct that there is a cooperation with UBL and TBG17, and this should work in the way that UBL uses CCTS to build its library, it uses TBG17 SGP and submission form to submit to TBG17, and TBG17 gives back the result which UBL implements. If not, well I agree with Sue, that then there is not much point in the exercise.

Michael is not correct in that the first draft ACC´s has been TBG approved, but they hopefully will by Washington. For SGP this is also true!

In summary:
Could the current UBL Library be better in relation to compliance with CCTS? - Yes!

Will we soon have CC´s to work with? - Yes!

Will TBG17 respond to the UBL submission? - Yes?

Will UBL comply with the response and feedback? - That is left to be seen!

But one thing is for sure: There is no reason, no point, no resources and no way that UBL should keep a separate track nor even begin to consider being a full-time proprietary standards organisation in the area of data definitions, maintenance, etc. There are more than enough of those.

Best Regards

Stig Korsgaard
M.Sc.E Standardisation Manager
Tel:    +45 3370 1083