ubl message

Subject: AW: [ubl] Definitions for re-used ABIEs was:Re: [ubl] for Anne(?) AW: [ubl] Issues triage ad issue 18,2

Anne,
sorry, next time I'll mention explicitely, if something is a comment for the issue list.
Please do me the favor to add my comments to 18.2. At least the topic 2/  and 3/b refer directly and immediately to 18.2 I think, it is worth to be considered as a comment, if somebody disagree with the existing proposal as of the issue list and if this somebody wrote arguments.

Dear All,
please let me underline that Issue list line 113 with the Commend Id 'b.1' is a very basic issue for CCTS compliance and should be considered as an UBL 1.0 issue
Thanks
Michael
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: dill2@gefeg.com [mailto:dill2@gefeg.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Juli 2004 19:14
An: 'Tim McGrath'
Cc: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org

I think that this discussion has been addressing different points:

1/ Tim,  you are obviously making a point about ASBIEs in general.

2/ In 18.2 Yukinori Saito is raising a Controlled Vocabulary issue and he proposes replacement of Customer by Seller. But shouldn't the replacement proposed be Buyer instead?

3/ I am talking about BBIEs and the UBL data model itself. There are two issues:

a) CCTS compliance

The DEN and definition should always match each other. In the cases of the two BBIEs that Yukinori Saito refers to,  namely 'MaximumBackOrderQuantity and MinimumBackOrderQuantity in LineItem (ABIE)', the DENs and definitions do not match, as required by CCTS. Either i) the DEN is correct in which case the model is OK but the definition should not include any mention of customer (or seller or...) or ii) the definition is correct in which case the UBL data model DEN needs changing and as a consequence the UBL data model will need to be changed. A new ABIE is required which will enable specific BBIEs to be defined to include the concept of 'Customer (Seller?Buyer) approved' in their name as an extra qualification.

b) The UBL business requirement

I do not understand from a business perspective why a seller should ever approve a backorder quantity to be backordered. IMHO it is a customer (buyer) who may do this.
But in any case I even tend to disagree that any party role is pertinent to this definition and therefore I favour case a) i) i.e. the removal of the concept of party from the definition, as a proposed solution to this issue.

Michael

BTW:
> The EDIFIX view  you attached is not showing the correct definitions.
Please let me draw your attention to the reason of the EDIFIX view I sent: It shows the four places where the Line Item.Details is reused. And this is what the text of the email said. And the definition an user can see is correct. And there is just one definition and not many. (Where I was not correct is to use the term ABIE inestead of ASBIE.)