ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 28 July 2004

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15H00 - 17H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 28 JULY 2004

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak
   Tony Coates
   Anne Hendry
   Monica Martin
   Marion Royal
   Lisa Seaburg
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

{Standing_Agenda:6}  Calendar review
                     JG: Check with organizers of OTA conference
                     (October in Chicago)

   JG not here.

{Standing_Agenda:7}  Event reports

   None.

{Liaisons:13} Ontolog forum
              PY: Liaison status

   PY not here.

SUBCOMMITTEES AND WORK TEAMS

{Teamwork:3} HISC

   SW: Focusing on 1.0 modifications, with new work on hold for the moment.  Ken needs revised schemas so that he can update the stylesheets.  Stephen Green sent the HISC a list of the changes that will impact instances and/or stylesheets.

   SW: The OASIS Tax XML TC is in the process of forming a liaison SC; we should expect to be hearing from Harm Jan soon about this.

{Teamwork:4} SSC

   AH: SSC spent most of the meeting talking about schema changes,
   categorization, and scheduling.  They also discussed tools that
   could be used for source control in 1.1.  Source control
   implies that we have a single location for works in progress;
   perhaps Peter Yim can provide this.  We still need a final
   review of the schemas against the change log.  (We will
   probably have to do this in Copenhagen.)  We should note the
   things we are deciding not to fix in release notes.  This
   should be added to the work items for 1.0 release.

PRIORITY ITEMS FOR THIS MEETING

{Documents:2} NDR

   MarkC was unable to attend the call.

   SW/AH: We decided last time that MarkC would take care of the
   diagram comparisons.

   Question: Is there an NDR draft later than P that we can look at?

{UBL10:6} Issues review
          TC: Continue review of all issues except URNs (to be
             discussed 20040813)

   See revised issues list for outcomes.

WORK LIST ADDITIONS

   None.

OTHER BUSINESS

   Our schedule looks like this:

    - This week: Finish all issues except namespace/URN (to be
      discussed 20040804); make all schema changes possible to
      that point

    - Between meetings: AH logs changes in issues list, everyone
      reviews

    - Next week: Finish namespace/URN discussion, turn everything
      over to GEFEG to finish (DK is on vacation till 8/16, so
      programming changes will have to wait for Copenhagen)

    - No TC meetings the week of 9-13 August

    - Hope to have as much of the schema work as possible done by
      the beginning of the meeting in Copenhagen

    - Aim to complete 1.0 CD2 packaging and have CD2 out for TC
      vote by end of meeting