ubl message

Subject: Re: Groups - europa.eu.int/ISPO/ida/jsps/index.jsp uploaded

I concur with Stephen Green (see message below) in the hope that
we can build upon the IDA gap analyses.  As Stephen notes, the
analysis relating to UBL was based on a version that is now
obsolete, and some of the gaps have already been addressed.

The UBL TC is nearing completion of comment disposition following
the OASIS review of the UBL 1.0 Committee Draft, and we hope to
have a revised CD out for a TC vote by the end of our upcoming
meeting in Copenhagen 16-20 August.  We also hope by then to have
in hand first drafts of translations of the UBL data element
definitions into Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish; the
Japanese translation is already done and available for review.

Following the release of UBL 1.0, we will be working on UBL 1.1,
which will incorporate additional data elements identified during
the localization work as well as some new trade document types,
beginning with the Certificate of Origin already submitted by
Crimson Logic of Singapore.  This phase, which I'm guessing will
end around mid-2005, presents the perfect opportunity for the
resolution of the remaining gaps between UBL 1.0 and the targets
identified by IDA.

Since UBL is royalty-free and the OASIS TC process in which UBL is
being developed is open and easily accessible, I hope that we can
gain the participation of the IDA experts responsible for this
document in addition to their excellent analysis of the work that
needs to be done.

Jon