ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] A necessary update to the model spreadsheets

Further clarification of a couple of points seems to be needed
(especially for those not present in Copenhagen):
1. We do intend to start a list discussion of the issues which
include the synchronizing of the spreadsheets and the Schemas.
Michael and I have discussed how this could involve some
work to achieve a suitable basis in the tool to get EF and the
spreadsheets synchronized completely to start with - an SSC
issue really but I mention it to allay any fears that it could be
overlooked.
2. We are still, it seems, due to issues around the location and
names of Schemas (not namespaces), possibly going to have
a further set of Schemas but this depends on current discussions.
This should have no impact on the examples and the forms spec
but it might have on stylesheets. How about ASN.1 schemas?
I hope that all other aspects of the Schemas will remain as they
are to avoid any further syncronization issues with the spreadsheets.

All the best

Stephen Green
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 8:36 AM

Folks

It's never finished until it's finished. Thanks to Chee-Kai
for pointing out that OO had capitalized the 'e' in 'ero'. I
missed that. Sorry. Here is a further correction.

I'd better point out here that the regeneration of Schemas is
not necessary for these spreadsheets since the changes
actually make the spreadsheets more consistent with the
latest Schemas (apart from the known issue of DENs for
ASBIEs which still have differences in interpretation of the
CCTS regarding truncation to two components when the third
is a duplicate of the second - an issue defered to UBL 1.1).

All the best

Stephen Green