ubl message

Subject: UBL user certifications

Hello UBL TC and observers,

A little while ago I sent a message asking for notes certifying
that UBL is being "successfully used" by those of you who
represent OASIS member organizations (not individuals).  This part
of the OASIS process reads as follows:

   4. Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations
      that they are successfully using the specification
      consistently with the OASIS IPR Policy

(Note that I sent a copy of the IPR policy back in July.)

Four of you replied, and I thank you.

Now that I'm about to complete the materials needed to submit UBL
1.0 to OASIS, however, OASIS Administration informs me that these
statements have to be posted somewhere publicly visible so that
the URLs can be referenced in the ballot that will go out to OASIS
members next month.  But most of the statements that I have are
too informal for this.  So I need for those of you who sent me
statements earlier to post messages to the ubl list (this list,
not just to me) that read something like this example:

   Subject: Use of UBL by Sun Microsystems

   I, Jon Bosak, certify that Sun Microsystems is successfully
   using the OASIS UBL specification consistently with the OASIS
   IPR Policy.

Note that it's not necessary to specify how you are using UBL or
with whom, which I know for some of you would involve disclosures
about products and partners that you are not yet ready to make.  I
just need a simple statement like the one above that can be
referenced by a URL to the ubl mail archive.  Also note that you
don't have to be using all of UBL, just some piece of it that you
find beneficial for some purpose.

I've been given a few days to put this together, but obviously the
sooner we can get this done, the better.

I strongly suspect that a lot more of you are "successfully using"
UBL than the four who originally responded to this request.
(Remember, "use" in this pre-standardization phase can be
experimental or educational as long as those experiments or
educational efforts are proving to be successful.)  It would help
a lot to have as many of these statements as possible going into
the OASIS ballot next month, so if you are "successfully using"
UBL and represent an OASIS organization as an employee of that
organization, please consider posting a message like the example
above by the end of this week at the latest.  And if you know of
some OASIS organization that is "successfully using" UBL but is
not present on the ubl list, please let me know; the users don't
have to be members of the TC, just members of OASIS.

Jon