ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] What namespace should be used for customization?

[mhb@itst.dk:]

| NMS3 states that "UBL namespaces MUST only contain UBL developed schema
| modules".
|
| Is it correctly understood that - according to the above rule - the
| following namespace would be in conflict with the NDR:
|
| urn:oasis:names:dklc:ubl:schema:xsd:invoice-1.0

I hesitate to step in here because our resident customization
guidelines expert, Eduardo Gutentag, is starting a couple of weeks
of travel and probably won't be able to respond for a while, but I
can say that the URN above is illegal regardless of NDR because
the "dklc" part conflicts with RFC 3121 governing the structure of
OASIS URNs.

| If we use our national NDR-rules for creating the target namespace
| it would look something like this:
|
| http://rep.oio.dk/ubl/xml/schemas/1.0

You are now using a URL rather than a URN for the namespace URI,
but I assume that this is deliberate.

| In other words are we free to create our own target namespace for the
| purpose of customization?

The text accompanying NMS3 says:

   UBL's extension methodology encourages a wide variety in the
   number of schema modules that are created as derivations from
   UBL schema modules. Clarity and consistency requires that
   customized schema not be confused with those developed by UBL.

My reading of this is that you MUST create your own target
namespaces for schema modules that are not identical to the ones
provided by UBL.

Jon