ubl message

Subject: Minutes Atlantic Call September 29 2004

Dear all
attached are the minutes of the Atlantic call.

Regards
Mavis
--------
Roll-call and welcome by Mavis the moderator

Attendees
Mavis Cournane
Jon Bosak
Tony Coates
Ken Holman
Sylvia Webb
Anne Hendry
Mike Grimley
Lisa Seaburg
Paul Thorpe
Michael Dill
Stephen Green

This TC meeting begins our work on UBL 1.1.

The old work list at

       http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/worklist.xls

is about halfway into revision, and the new version is not ready
yet for posting.  So the agenda that follows is based on a pass
through the unfinished update.

    Calendar review: http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm
Please provide updates to Jon offline.
There will be another WCl meeting 25th Oct in Brussels.
    Event reports (see calendar)

    Liaison reports (if any)
Syvlia Webb was at the TaxML meeting in the UK.
She will be the UBL Liaison to the TaxML SC.
Tax administrators from various countries were around. The key
decisions that were made were:
The group will not focus primarily on the development of new schema but
will endorse others that meet their requirements. Certificate of
residence and indirect taxation will be the exception. They agreed they
will use UBL wherever possible. In order for UBL to be most useful it
needs to be canonical as opposed to vertical, not focussing on any one
industry. They would like to see UBL focus XBRL. We could use UBL
spreadsheet like models linking them to XBRL using CCTS. They will have
their next meeting in Australia in February.

    HISC report
Ken reported that the committee has not yet got much traction after
1.1. Fabio will call another meeting tomorrow. There were some queries
about Forms input. Ken has put out a call for requirements to Forms.

All the stylesheets are done, it is down to packaging and publishing.

    SSC report
We started the discussion on tools. There is not much to report.

Tony has made an individual submission to UBL on ideas he has had on
code lists. Further discussions need to take place with Marty. Tony is
interested to know what people think of this submission as a way of
looking at Code Lists.
It would suggest quite big changes to the 1.0 document but not
necessarily to the schemas. There is an action item for Jon to update
the worklist and get volunteers to help think this through.

    Code List Team report
Tony will continue progress discussions with Marty.
    TBG17 Liaison Team report
Deferred.
    Possible NDR/ATG2 Liaison Team
We need to process Tim's comments and to look at what ATG2 is doing.
Mavis and Mike can undertake some of this work.
    UBL 1.1 task overview
       Production and Q/A methodology

We would need a proposed workflow from GEFEG that would include
incorporating changes that we generate, these would be made to the
datamodel and expressed as spreadsheets, also the problem of taking
contributing stylesheets and put them in to the model, and also how we
would deal with other groups using GEFEG and providing it to us in this
format. Also what is GEFEG doing about ebXML?
Sylvia with attend the SSC tomorrow and this will be worked on.
       Documentation
Anne will provide a status report on this next week.
          Doc set reorganization
Jon will look at this.
       Localization
          Chinese translation
          Japanese translation
          Korean translation
          Spanish translation

This is ongoing and very far advanced.
       Regional enablement
          LSC inputs
          UK (OGC) input
          EU (IDA) input
          Swedish (ALA) input
There may be more additions to this.
   Addition of new items to the work list
  Jon has a number of items that he needs to add that have accrued over
the past number of months.

AOB
Jon found an error in the instance documents. Stephen will provide
input.