ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 21 December 2004

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 21 DECEMBER 2004

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Michael Dill
   Jessica Glace
   Betty Harvey
   Tim McGrath
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)

      TimM: Have confirmation from China: 9-13 May 2005; Hangzhou,
      hotel TBD, hosted by CNIS.

   Liaison reports (if any)

      None.

   Subcommittee reports (if any)

      SylviaW: SSC: Believe we have addressed all the issues
      needed to allow DavidK to run the final alignment test.
      There will be differences from 1.0. -- items needing
      changes, for example, adding an item to a code list.  No new
      issues; all have been previously documented.  All remaining
      are now considered UBL 1.1 issues, not 1.0 alignment issues.

   Team reports (if any)

      None.

   Other issues:

      TimM: Alignment with the emerging Basic CIQ model for
      addresses needs to be added to the worklist.

      JonB to add this to the worklist.

      SylviaW: In response to our request to ubl-dev for
      additional features, we got one from Giovanni Roldan of the
      Ecuadorian govt; it may be a real challenge to separate
      request from opinion.  StephenG has submitted a suggestion
      to him on the ubl-dev list; how do we separate responses that
      are opinions from user requests?  And how do we treat
      Stephen's input on this?

      JonB: This stuff should end up on the worklist, as it has in
      the past.  Opinions expressed on ubl-dev are just opinions,
      even if they come from members of the UBL TC.

      Agreed: BettyH will put the content issues list at a
      persistent (bookmarkable) URL to be linked from the UBL TC
      page, and JonB will delete the corresponding spreadsheet
      from the worklist spreadsheet stack.  At each week's content
      work session, we will ask whether any content-related
      suggestions coming in through ubl-dev, ubl-comment, etc.,
      should be added to the issues we will be working on for 1.1.
      If yes, then Betty will add the item together with the
      relevant URLs to the content issues list for later
      discussion.

      BettyH to install the content issues list at a persistent
      URL.

      JonB to remove the corresponding spreadsheet from the
      worklist.

ISSUES FOR DISCUSSION THIS MEETING

   The meeting was turned over to TimM for discussion of the
   content issues summarized at

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200412/msg00032.html

   See the next revision of the content issues list for results of
   this discussion.

   Other items:

      Agreed that we need to add "business rules" to each item
      where the addition of that item extends our canonical
      business process.

      We skip the next two weeks of meetings; the next call is
      2004.01.10/11.

      TimM to come up with homework for the next two weeks and
      send in email.

      TimM to contact Anders Tell to request more information on
      AllowanceChargeBaseAmount TaxCurrencyTaxAmount.