ubl message

Subject: Advancement of UBL NDR v1.0; TC to decide

     We have announced that the OASIS member vote to advance UBL NDR v1.0
as an OASIS Standard received sufficient votes to
pass.  Congratulations.  However, the TC Process rules require that the TC
act to consider its reaction, in the event that any negative votes are
cast.  Several negative votes were cast by members in the ballot closing
yesterday.  So the TC must by resolution take one of the three steps listed
as alternatives below.
     Please let me know how you would like to proceed within the next 30 days.

Excerpt from http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#standard:

>If at the end of the voting period at least 15 percent of the voting
>membership has voted to approve the proposed standard, * * * if negative
>votes amounting to less than 15 percent of the voting membership have been
>cast, the TC will be notified of the negative votes, after which the TC
>shall have 30 days to take one of the following actions by resolution: (a)
>request OASIS TC Administration to approve the specification as submitted
>despite the negative votes; (b) withdraw the submission entirely; or (c)
>submit an amended specification, in which case the amended submission
>shall be considered as if it were a new submission, except that
>information regarding previous votes and any disposition of comments
>received in previous votes shall accompany the amended submission.

Best regards  Jamie Clark

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   +1 978 667 5115 x 203 central office