ubl message

Subject: Requesting UBL NDR approval

Hello UBL TC,

In the ballot completed 31 December, UBL NDR 1.0 achieved
overwhelming approval from the OASIS member organizations, passing
by a vote of 82 to 3.  See

   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=655&;

Because negative votes were recorded, however, we need to
explicitly request OASIS to move ahead with standardization.  As
noted in a message to this TC from Jamie Clark of OASIS:

   We have announced that the OASIS member vote to advance UBL NDR
   v1.0 as an OASIS Standard received sufficient votes to pass.
   Congratulations.  However, the TC Process rules require that
   the TC act to consider its reaction, in the event that any
   negative votes are cast.  Several negative votes were cast by
   members in the ballot closing yesterday.  So the TC must by
   resolution take one of the three steps listed as alternatives
   below.

   Please let me know how you would like to proceed within the
   next 30 days.

I concur with several messages on this subject today to the effect
that the negative votes received in balloting NDR 1.0 reflect old
positions that we considered at length during the three-year
construction of UBL, that the comments accompanying the negative
votes contain nothing that would cause us to reconsider our
decisions with regard to those positions, and therefore that
nothing would be gained by revisiting those issues yet again.
Since it's my impression that this represents the consensus of the
TC, I'm simply going to ask for your resolution by common consent
to request OASIS to continue with standardization of NDR 1.0 as
submitted despite the three negative votes received during
balloting.

If anyone disagrees with adoption of this resolution, please
register that objection by mail to this list no later than COB
Monday 10 January 2005 (in which case we will conduct a roll call
vote via the Kavi interface).  If you agree with adoption of this
resolution, do nothing.

With best wishes for the new year --

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC