ubl message

Subject: Preliminary agenda for UBL TC meeting in McLean 2005.01.31-02.04

AGENDA FOR UBL TC MEETING IN MCLEAN 31 JANUARY - 4 FEBRUARY 2005

MEETING LOGISTICS

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200412/msg00042.html
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00021.html

   Note that several participants will be staying at

      Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
      1960-A Chain Bridge Road
      McLean, Virginia 22102 USA
      Phone:  1-703-790-0207
      http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/WASTN

EXPECTED PARTICIPANTS

      Jon Bosak (chair)
      Marty Burns
      Mavis Cournane
      Mark Crawford (vice chair)
      Michael Dill
      Scott Edson
      Jessica Glace
      Mike Grimley
      Betty Harvey
      Anne Hendry
      Sue Probert
      Marion Royal
      Ken Sall
      Paul Thorpe

TIME ZONE (UTC/GMT-5, Washington)

   09h00 - 17h00 Monday in Washington is:

      06h00 Mon - 14h00 Mon in San Francisco
      14h00 Mon - 22h00 Mon in London
      22h00 Mon - 06h00 Tue in Hong Kong, Beijing, Singapore, and Perth
      23h00 Mon - 07h00 Tue in Tokyo and Seoul
      01h00 Tue - 09h00 Tue in Sydney

TELEPHONE CONFERENCE INFORMATION

   We intend to provide dial-in for interested members during the
   plenaries at the number below.  Note that we are holding
   plenaries every day of the week.

      UBL CONFERENCE BRIDGE NUMBER ONE (DEFAULT)
      U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
      Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
      Access code: 5705229#

      *** Please remember to mute your phone when not speaking.
      *** Please DO NOT put your phone on "hold," as this often
             puts music on the line.

A/C POWER AT UBL MEETINGS

   Every participant using a device that consumes AC power is
   reminded to bring a three-way tap to the meeting room in which
   he or she intends to participate.

WINE AND CHEESE

   Our traditional wine-and-cheese party will be held Thursday
   evening.  Participants are encouraged to bring a bottle of wine
   from their country or state to demonstrate the quality of their
   local vines.

OBJECTIVES

   The primary objectives of this meeting are:

    - Hear reports from subcommittees, work teams, and liaisons

    - Review UBL 1.1 schedule

    - Gain familiarity with our UBL 1.1 schema generation tool
      (EDIFIX)

    - Continue work on UBL 1.1 NDR issues

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00034.html

    - Review the CCTS schema modules proposed by UN/CEFACT ATG2

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00033.html

    - Review the proposed requirements for the UBL Code List
      specification

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00029.html

    - Review the design and publication schedule of the UBL 1.0
      Multilingual Data Dictionary with Published Subject
      Identifiers

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00023.html
      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=tm-pubsubj

    - Determine schemas and instance templates to be recommended
      for inclusion in products supporting UBL

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00022.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00040.html
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200501/msg00049.html

    - Work on user documentation, in particular the web site FAQ,
      the technical FAQ, a matrix of implementations, and (if time
      permits), collateral

    - Revise the content issues list to include recently proposed
      additions to UBL 1.1

MEETING SCHEDULE

   Because different people are able to attend at different times
   during the week, our work schedule and room assignments will be
   determined during the opening plenary.

   Mon 1/31 09h15-12h00 Opening plenary (note that we begin at 9:15)
                        Opening introductions
                        HISC report
                        SSC report
                        NDR Team report
                        Code List Team report
                        TBG17 Liaison Team report
                        Tax XML Liaison Team report
                        Other liaison reports
                        Calendar review
                        Finalize work plan and room assignments
            12h00-13h30 Lunch
            13h30-17h00 Work sessions

   Tue 2/01 09h00-10h00 Morning plenary
            10h00-17h00 Work sessions (including lunch)

   Wed 2/02 09h00-10h00 Morning plenary
            10h00-17h00 Work sessions (including lunch)

   Thu 2/03 09h00-10h00 Morning plenary
            10h00-17h00 Work sessions (including lunch)
            17h00-18h00 Wine and cheese

   Fri 2/04 09h00-12h00 Closing plenary
                            NDR report
                            SSC report