ubl message

Subject: Mapping study from Japanese major business document to UBL

Dear UBL TC,
We (JPLSC) are promoting UBL deployment in Japan.
We think that there are some scenarios (or use cases) to adopt UBL in Japan
or East Asia.
As one of scenarios to adopt UBL, we have studied a trial of mapping BIEs
from ECALGA business document to UBL.
ECALGA standard has been developed and published by JEITA (The Japan
Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association, which is the
major electronics industry in Japan) on December 2003. ECALGA will become
the major business document standard for Japan. ECALGA is based on XML and
ebXML. ECALGA is the succeeding or next generation e-business standard of
EIAJ, which is currently the most popular EDI business document in Japan.
Through the mapping trial, we have developed UBL subset for Japanese
marketplace. And also, we have had some ideas (proposals) regarding UBL
BIEs.

We made a report 'Mapping Study from Japanese Major Business Document to
UBL' and 'Comments in Mapping Study from Japanese major Business Document to
UBL'.
I have attached the following documents.
(1) Mapping Study from Japanese Major Business Document to UBL
(2) Comments in Mapping Study from Japanese major Business Document to UBL
(3) Mapping Table from Manufacturing SME Business Document to UBL Order
-This document is a work sheet to map the ECALGA to UBL. The left side
column explains BIEs of ECALGA fullset. The middle column explains the
manufacturing SME business document that is ECALGA subset. The right side
column explains the manufacturing UBL subset for Japan.

We would like that UBL TC would read these documents and inform some
comments to us.

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
(Vice Chair of UBL JPLSC)
Yukinori Saito
Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513

Mapping Study from Japanese Major Business Document to UBL.doc

Comments in Mapping Study from Japanese Major Business Document to UBL.doc

Mapping Table from Manufacturing SME BD to UBL Order.xls