ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] UBL master data for maintenance

I would also like to remind members of one of the UBL Guiding Principles:

    "Tool Use and Support - The design of UBL will not make any assumptions about sophisticated tools for creation, management, storage, or presentation being available. The lowest common denominator for tools is incredibly low (for example, Notepad) and the variety of tools used is staggering. We do not see this situation changing in the near term."

Thank You,
MikeG

-----Original Message-----
From: jon.bosak@sun.com [mailto:jon.bosak@sun.com]
Sent: Friday, 25 February 2005 12 20
To: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org

[dill2@gefeg.com:]

|   After reading the UBL call minutes, I understand that the current
| decision is to view spreadsheets as the maintenance master data of
| UBL. This means necessarily that UBL plans to produce further errors
| in the future too. I would like to ask for which reasons the earlier
| decision to use Edifix as the master has been overturned?

There was never a decision to use EF as the master.  On the contrary, the decision was explicitly to use the spreadsheets as the master, and it was upon the basis of this understanding, and the agreement by GEFEG to provide for both import and export of the spreadsheets, that the TC agreed to use EF for the UBL 1.1 build cycle.

Jon