ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 2 March 2005

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
16H00 - 18H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 2 MARCH 2005

TC members: Please note that (as usual) the items marked "Agreed"
will be taken as representing the will of the entire TC if no
objections are lodged on this list during the week following
publication of these minutes.

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Marty Burns
   Mark Crawford (vice chair)
   Stephen Green

   Several members sent regrets due to travel and health reasons.

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)

      None.

   Liaison reports

      None.

   Subcommittee reports

      HISC (StephenG): Doing so well by email that they are not
      meeting by phone.

      SSC (StephenG): Exposed the derivation (VER8) problem.  SSC
      meets tomorrow but without SylviaW and perhaps without
      AnneH.

      JonB: We should distinguish between additions to existing
      data constructs and additions of whole new documents; the
      latter should not be a problem.  We need to understand the
      versioning issues raised by StephenG in more detail and use
      email for this discussion.

      StephenG and MarkC to try to sort out the namespace issues.

   Team reports

      MartyB/MarkC: We need to clean up the document registry;
      it's becoming hard to find things.

      Codelist (MartyB): Trying to construct a use case that will
      refocus the discussion on ubl-dev (which has not given us
      what we needed).

      MarkC to take a day to comment on a draft from MartyB;
      MartyB to send draft to JonB, who will then send to the
      ubl-dev list with a wrapper resetting the discussion
      parameters.

PROPOSED SMALL BUSINESS SC

   Agreed: We accept the revised charter at

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200502/msg00057.html

   and recommend it for adoption by the TC, GKH and StephenG to
   serve as cochairs.  We will assume approval if no objections
   are received within the week following publication of these
   minutes [i.e., by COB Thursday 10 March 2005].

   JonB to request formation of the new SC if no objections are
   received.

   GKH and StephenG to figure out a time for phone conferences.

   StephenG: We hope to have a subset suitable for approval as a
   CD soon after setting up the SC.  We have already had plenty of
   review through ubl-dev, but perhaps an additional short public
   review would be good.

NDR CHANGES

   MarkC to check with MavisC regarding the signoff process for
   NDR changes.

GXS1 LEFTOVERS, REVIEW OF SCHEMA GENERATION CHANGES, MINOR VERSION
SCHEMA STRUCTURE

   Agreed: We don't have critical mass this week for work on these
   items; pick them up again next week.

Jon