ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 30 March 2005

Pleased to see there'll be a meeting, I need to bring to folks
attention the minutes of the last SSC meeting
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ssc/200503/msg00022.html
in particular the following items of concern with regard to the
schedule and a proposed design for schema generation (both
phase 1 and phase 2):

1. We all have a schedule requiring that David start work
on phase 2 in early May (probably before the F2F) so we
ideally need all relevant NDR questions answered and agreed
by the TC before the last week in April (could we say April 22nd).
This obviously leaves little time for discussion and there is a
lot to consider in just a few weeks (see below).

2. SSC have a contigency plan to start work with the small
subset of the NDR changes we are sure won't break backwards
compatibility and with the compromise design we have prototyped
if we don't have agreed decisions by then but this would be with
reluctance and at Gefeg's discretion. This would be the only
alternative SSC would see to avoid jeapordising the deadline for 1.1.

These are the actions SSC depends on for 1.1 Schemas :

1. NDR review of phase 1 Schemas
2. NDR answers to existing SSC queries regarding many of the changed
rules
3. NDR review of a prototype set of Schemas agreed by SSC for the
     closest we feel we can get to VER8 and VER9
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ssc/200503/msg00020.html
4. An update agreed by the TC to the NDR (only the rules at this
   stage, not perhaps the prose, as for 1.0) with perhaps a few
   extra rules (as for the prototype above).
5. If the prototype isn't acceptable and a stricter adherence to
   VER8 and VER9 is required, SSC needs an actual working (valid
   and backwards compatible) prototype to demonstrate this.

Many thanks

Stephen Green