ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Approach to reporting scemantic errors on an invoice. Any advice?

Depends whether you want:
1	A process independent acknowledgement signal that is non-repudiable.
Or
2	An acknowledgement that contains business information specific to
the process in addition to the fact that the invoice was received and
understood.

For the first case, you need a transaction protocol signal such as a signed
receipt acknowledgement and acceptance acknowledgement as defined in the
ebXML BPSS specification.  For the second case you need a specific "invoice
response document".

To my mind, and invoice falls into what might be called a "notification"
transaction pattern where there is NO response business document BUT there
IS a requirement for non-repudiable confirmation of receipt.  That means
option 1.  So you should be looking to something like the BPSS specification
and planning implementation of a compliant "Business Service Interface".

Regards,

Steve Capell
Red Wahoo
www.redwahoo.com
p: + 61 2 9438 3700
m:+ 61 410 437854
f:  + 61 2 9439 2738

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain information
that is confidential and is subject to legal privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this
message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately, and delete this message. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Red Wahoo Pty.
Ltd.

Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.
We do not accept any liability for loss or damage which may arise from your
receipt of this e-mail.